Friday, March 30, 2012

i have a boy who loves me


My son believes wholeheartedly that I can do no wrong. Though I've given him example after example to show him that is not the truth, he quickly takes the blame for any mishaps and declares my perfection. Seriously. How he is blinded to my many faulty steps I take before him is beyond me.

According to my Kaden...

... my food and cooking are the best that there is. He declares it upon every snack, meal and treat he consumes. "No one cooks as good as you, Mom!" To him it is a simple fact that cannot be debated - we've tried.

... I am the best mom in all the world. He tells me often how nice and kind and loving I am. He thanks me often for being his mom and states proudly, "I'm so glad that God made me your kid!"

... I am beautiful. He calls me lovely, beautiful, amazing. He smothers me with hugs and loves to cuddle with me. He greets me often with, "How is my lovely mother today?" And tells me frequently that I look beautiful.

... I am a hard, hard worker. It actually bothers him that I "have to" work so much and he gets to play so much. He is my most willing chore-doer and my most eager helper and my hardest worker. If this mama needs a job done, I know who to call!

... I get all the credit for his life. "Thank you so much for deciding to marry Daddy and no one else because I really like being alive!"

... my disappointment in him is earth shattering. As a kid who is quite impulsive in his words (saying things like "that's freakin' weird" to dinner guests and "what's up peeps?" to his friends, classmates and siblings) I do often have to express my disappointment in his word choices. He quickly tears up with remorse and authentically apologizes. And I had better respond quickly with hugs and words of love or else he'll think I've rejected his apology and no longer want him living in our home!!

... my whereabouts in another 10 years will determine where he will go to college. He wants to be close to me always, close enough to visit me often when he's in college. He also states that he will visit me when I'm old and in a wheel chair too. I will take it!

I undoubtedly treasure these moments... these fleeting, priceless words. I know it won't be long until his eyes are opened to my many faults, when I am the farthest thing from "perfect" in his world. Oh how I cherish today and this little boy who loves me.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh this post really touched my heart, Tee. Such precious words indeed. So glad you're capturing these moments to be retrieved years from now. :-)

Love you,
Mom