Monday, March 25, 2013

today - day 3

The Good:


B is learning to say "I'm sorry."
I made it to a play date with all 4 younger kids.
B "helped" with the laundry.
Both B and J are responding better to the limits and boundaries we have in place.
They both ate everything that was offered and made no requests for candy and soda.
J continues to be a complete cuddle bug and melts into us when we hold him.
B is responding well to positive correction and lots of love.
Our 5 kids continue to love and enjoy having B and J here!!
I was able to vacuum, do dishes, cook dinner and get 6 loads of laundry completed!
Getting B and J to sleep at bedtime only took 45 minutes tonight, rather than 1.5 - 2 hours!
B is now coming to us for affection and is opening up more.
They love to be tickled and have some of the best giggles.


The Bad:

Neither B or J could nap today, which made for a difficult afternoon.

There's no room for our new friends in the children's program at bible study, so I will have to discontinue the remainder of the year.

B loves being loved, but is challenging the limits to the love.

Two more things were broken today - working on treating things with respect.

B relayed some "owies" from her past that were hard to hear.

Carys was heard using the word "booty" and phrase "shut up".

I think my adrenaline is running out.


The Bittersweet:

I still haven't found "the grease" to do B's hair, but she was OK with an olive oil substitute.

B says she thinks she looks like me.

Today, we became "mama" and "daddy" to both B and J.

B "never wants to leave".

2 comments:

Jan Smith said...

Terra, thank you so much for sharing with us what is happening in your heart and your home. Good for you and your family, saying "Yes" to God as He leads you to serve "the least of these"! May God bless you as much as the children are blessed to be with you!

Oregon-Mama said...

I can relate to so much on all of these lists:) What a blessing you are, sweet Terra!