"And I'll give all myself! And I'll give all myself to YOOOOOOOUUUUU!" she belts out boisterously from within the constraints of her car seat in the back of the van.
I adjust my rearview mirror so that I can watch her - arms raised, eyes scrunched tightly closed, head swaying side to side, and singing with all her heart, in full Carys fashion.
As is common, a tidal wave of emotion engulfs me. My mind wanders back in time...
A phone call.
A baby in need.
A heart that is hesitant and afraid of hurting, but knows the answer is "yes".
A God who promises His presence and comfort and sustenance.
A love that flourishes and explodes for a tiny, sickly baby girl as she experiences love and provision for the very first time.
A painful knowing that she must leave us, and a constant struggle to accept His will.
Holding, rocking, cuddling and singing, "And I'll give all myself, and I'll give all myself, and I'll give all myself to You.... " over and over and over again, trying to force myself to surrender my heart and my desires for this baby girl to a GOD who loves her more than I.
A GOD who is more mighty and powerful than I could ever imagine. A God, in His great sovereignty, whose plan was more wonderful than I could ever dream.
And there she is - now my very own precious daughter, singing the same words that I once sang while preparing to lose her... but in a tune and style all her own.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment