Saturday, June 13, 2009

Big week for one little girl


All at once, my little girl is becoming less little.

I know it's been said a million times over that time goes so fast - but really? This is a bit too fast for me. It's as though I'm holding my newborn, I blink and I've got a big girl graduating from kindergarten. I'm afraid to blink again because then she'll be a young lady graduating from high school. I wish so badly I could push the "slow motion" button on life and have my little ones stay little for just a bit longer. I miss every stage that has passed - sure, there are days that seem never to end where I finish the day exhausted and overwhelmed - but then there are those days full of such sweetness and cuteness and cuddles and hugs and tickles and funny words and sayings and adventures and excitement and learning and pretending - yes, those are the days I just want to last forever!! Has anyone figured out a way to bottle those days up and pull them out to enjoy again and again in the future? Please, do tell. I miss these days:





There have been some recent events that have invited such an emotional response on my part, as I've been forced to realize just how quickly my Kylee-girl is growing up. First of all, as I mentioned already, she graduated from kindergarten. We got to enjoy the end of school production and picnic and celebrate her accomplishments, but still the day came by surprise. I got in the car for the last time in Kylee's kindergarten year to pick her up from school and suddenly tears formed in my eyes. Where they came from is beyond me, but once they came they didn't want to go away. All these visions of my little girl came to my mind and I grieved the stages gone by. Then, a slender girl with long auburn pigtails and big blue eyes skipped towards my van with a heavy back pack weighing on her shoulders. No more 2 year old with curly cues and chubby cheeks, sigh.

In addition, she has been working extremely hard at her gymnastics, both at home and in the gym. Last week she had try outs for Level 3 team at her gym. She wanted to try out and "make team" so very badly, but I was hesitant. First of all, if she were to make it, it's quite the commitment, but I also did not want my little girl to set her heart on something that she may or may not be able to achieve - there are a lot of little girls in the gym with big dreams!! In the end, Jim and I decided to let her try out, and, as she predicted and worked so hard for, she made team. I am so very proud of her determination and hard work!! All this practice paid off:







All these big accomplishments in the life of one little girl, my little girl.
Growing up, so fast.

3 comments:

Jan Smith said...

Thank you so much for letting us watch Kylee's gymnastic workouts. You'e doing beautiful work, Kylee! I admire you for working so hard at something you enjoy. It's easy to see that you're putting a lot of time and effort into gymnastics, and you look really pretty and graceful, as well as determined. We're looking forward to seeing you all soon!!!

Jan said...

What a great blog entry because almost every word is how I've felt about you!! You, Terra, grew up way too fast. And now you're the mother of 3 kids. WHEN did that ever happen? The last time I remember you were in first grade and going to work of your debt to your Mom (I think you owed her a couple dollars) by getting a high score on a screening test of some kind. And you DID!! You grew up way WAY too fast!!

Kimiree said...

Good job Ky keep up the good work!!