Friday, February 12, 2010

Sick day


It doesn't always feel refreshing when your child awakens with a fever and congestion. However, I have come to love and appreciate these days when life must be put on hold and we are "forced" to stay home cuddling, snuggling, watching movies, playing games, comforting, medicating and staying in jammies all day long. It seems as though when the kids were babies and toddlers I often felt stuck at home and loved opportunities to get out. Now, however, with school and church commitments along with the kids activities, it is harder to be still and spend a day just lounging at home, enjoying one another. So, even though I didn't like seeing my girl sick on this particular day, I enjoyed the chance to cancel all commitments and commit myself only to enjoying and caring for my kids all the day long. Too bad it only lasted a day!! :O)










No comments: