Wednesday, February 23, 2011

the perspective of cole


My boys tend to think that being an adult is pretty cool, because you get to "tell people what to do." I explained to them that it's not always easy as there is a lot of responsibility when it comes to being an adult.

Colson asked, "So, what does it feel like to be an adult?"

I started with the joys of being a married to your best friend and having precious children to love and adore, and then talked about all the responsibilities of raising a family, having a home and managing finances as well.

"Boy," Colson sighed hard, "I'm sure glad that when I grow up I won't be a woman!"

I was so confused by his statement and with a furrowed brow asked curiously, "Why not?"

"Well, because you have to work ALL of the time, Daddy only has to come home and work on the weekends!"

****

I received a call from school that my boys had arrived without winter coats. I had an engagement in the morning and wasn't home when Daddy took them to school so I wasn't sure what had happened, but hurried the coats into school as soon as I could return home to fetch them.

After I picked up the kids from school, I said, "I can't believe Daddy forgot your coats today!"

And Colson piped right up, "Mommy, you shouldn't blame Daddy. It's not his fault, it's our own fault because he told us to get them on and we didn't do it."

Alrighty then. :O)

No comments: