Thursday, February 10, 2011

Today we learned...

the new baby's gender!!!!




When we first learned of this new baby back in December, I will be honest and say that there was much fear involved on our part. We know that this baby may not be healthy - that the needs could range from "nearly normal", to significant delays in the physical, mental, emotional and cognitive capacities. We won't know for quite some time. While we spent some time praying over this decision, God used this song (by JJ Heller) to convict my heart and to help provide us with an answer.


There's a boy in the corner that nobody sees,
He's the kid with the story that no one believes.
He prays every night, "Dear God won't you please,
could you send some one here who will love me?"

Who will love me for me?
Not for what I have done
or what I will become

Who will love me for me?
'Cuz nobody has shown me what love really means.


This precious child has done nothing to deserve the treatment he/she has received, nor the consequences that may have resulted. I could just picture this little one crying out from within the womb, "God won't you please send someone here who will love me?" And how could we say no? We value life and believe that every life is created by God with a purpose - this child would be no different. He/she was meant to be cherished, was in desperate need of someone to do so and we were asked to be that family. What an honor. So, we are trusting God with the future of this little one and believing that He will equip us with everything we will need to meet his/her needs as they come. He is more than able!!

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and brave, do not be afraid.
For the Lord your God is with you.
He goes before you.

2 comments:

Oregon-Mama said...

Oh my goodness, they are so sweet, Terra. When the boys held the doll so lovingly, it brought tears to my eyes! Do you really get to name the baby? Thanks for the video - we will be praying for you as you anticipate the birth of this precious little boy! What is his due date?

Papanan said...

Yes, T -- thanks for the video. It was great to see the kids deal with the news. I know Kylee was hoping for pink, but I also know that her love transcends gender. Thanks for growing a loving, compassionate family.