Thursday, March 12, 2009

My God Can!!

Lately, the boys have been amazed at all God can do!! I hear the questions every day -

Can God color white on white paper and still see it?

Can God walk all the way to Africa?

Can God bowl a strike every time if He wanted to?

Is God taller than our house?

Can God carry the whole world?

Can God see Daddy at work and me at home at the same time?

Only Jesus can fix that, right Mom?

And, of course, the answer is always yes, there is nothing our awesome God cannot do. However, there are times when He chooses not to do things that He is capable of. The kids and I were talking about it this morning, and it was one of those tender moments that I love to have with my kids that usually aren't planned. It started with Kylee talking about the sister that she would love to have someday and I told her that if God wants us to have another little girl in our home then He will allow it to happen, even if we don't know what that looks like.

Colson again surprised me and stated, "And when we don't know where we are going, we just hold God's hand and follow!" That's right, baby, we follow God's leading. He always wants the best for us, even when we can't recognize it. Soon, the boys were again peppering me with questions about all that God can do and Kylee stated, "Yep, His hands are big enough to hold the world but small enough to wipe our tears."

What a statement - demonstrating both God's greatness, power and might, as well as His precious, tender love, all in a few words. He is truly amazing and there's nothing He can't do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love those little theologians you're growing!! It sounds like they'll major in "applied theology"!

Love,

Papa

Barb said...

Hi Terra,
I saw your blog link on Amy G. blog:) I really enjoyed catching up at the Good's shower....so I thought I would say hi! I can't seem to find your email either! Your kids are getting so big! Hope you are doing well...keep in touch :)

Blessings,
Barb Healy

Anonymous said...

Terra, thanks so much for taking the time to share snippets of your household conversations. They are both touching and impressive -- big thoughts expressed in simple terms. I love it! Love, Jan

Jan said...

Wasn't it you, Terra, who once asked if Jesus was bigger than Arnie Swan?