Saturday, March 7, 2009

6 years old!

Happy Birthday my sweet girl! Wow how time flies - I remember so well the moment I got to take in your precious face for the very first time, and can't believe how much it has changed to a "young girl" face. You are a beautiful girl, Ky, but even more so, you have a beautiful spirit. You are thoughtful and kind, nurturing and attentive, caring and compassionate and I love you so much! I thoroughly enjoy the little person that you are and the times that I get to spend with you. We are so blessed to be given the gift of you!!

For breakfast, Ky requested a "Funny Face". She dictated the following:
banana smile
chocolate chip muffin nose
orange eyes with purple grape pupils
scrambled egg hair

Ky admiring her breakfast, with the "nose" smothered in whipped cream and topped with a birthday candle.

The boys were so excited to help Kylee with her gifts. Grammy, Poppy, Jim and I loved sitting back and taking it in. Kylee was so excited about each and every gift!

Off to gym!! I gave her the option of going today and she wanted to go. It probably helped that she got to pick out a new gym leo and bring treats to all her teammates! :)


After gym, we picked up Ky's good friend Allison and were off to Stonefire Pizza Place for dinner and games. Kylee had a blast playing games, painting her face and picking out little prizes and later told me, "Mom, this is such a great birthday!"

The boys went with Ky on this fun ride - Allison was being a little timid.

Alright - who's having more fun here?

Finally! We got the birthday girl and her friend smiling together with their balloon puppies!

Kylee's BIG gift was a room makeover!
This desk was a combined gift from Grammy, Poppy, Jim and me. Kylee was absolutely delighted and spent every spare moment "working" at her desk! She loves to draw and write and organize so it is just perfect!

The first thing to be posted on her cork board? Grammy and Poppy's phone number, of course!

The "princess" loving her desk!


Happy Birthday, sweet girl! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, T -- we get to see the party even though we couldn't be there. Happy Birthday, Kylee Princess Six-Year-Old!

Love,

PapaNana

Kate said...

happy happy birthday kylee. hope your day was wonderful and that you know how loved you truly are!! miss you sweetie.