Monday, August 10, 2009

Now for some fun

Even though I haven't exactly been able to keep up with my kids as of late, we've managed to have some fun throughout these precious summer months. I just LOVE long, warm summer days!!

family picnic at the park

Kaden pushing the "baby" (he's become quite the toddler, really, but he'll always be "baby" to us) on the swing.

Time with friends...

Kylee reading bedtime story to friend, Danielle, during a sleepover

The boys with friend, Nathan

Kylee and Allison at the sprinkler park, just before the rain started pouring

Kylee being "mommy" to our baby while swimming with friends

Kaden having fun with Isaac

Jim traveled quite a bit during June and July, and one evening we were blessed by a visit from our friends Becky and Brian. They played hard and entertained the kiddos for a bit, giving me a little break. :O) What would I do without my friends???

After Daddy's business travels, there are always oh-so-sweet reunions with the man of the house!! We created a tradition this summer of jumping in the van as soon as he lands and meeting him at a restaurant half-way between our house and the airport for a meal or treat. We all love it... and I love capturing the BIG embrace!


Water!! With our kids becoming better swimmers every day, we've been able to spend more time this summer at the lake and the pool. We've worked out a good system where Daddy can swim and play with the older kids in the water, and the baby and I can relax at the water's edge.




Every summer Monday night is spent at the ballpark! Daddy has played on our church league for a few years and we love to go and cheer him on! Here the boys are showing off their colored-popsicle tongues!

The man in my life turned 34 this year and I snuck him away for a Coldplay concert to celebrate. We were grateful our friends Kevin and Amanda wanted to join us!

We were excited to take a trip to the Twin Cities for our cousin, Betsy's, wedding to James. It was wonderful to be witness to such a beautiful marriage union and to have the opportunity to see many family members out our way!

Kylee with Aunt Donna - beautiful mother of the bride

Cousins Jenny, Kate and Andy

Silly second cousins
Kaden, Suzannah, Colson, Kylee and Charlotte


With cousin Meghan and Andy's girl, Kellie

Grandpa Gib and Gramma Rosye - what a blessing to spend time with them!

"Let me help you with that tie!"

Kaden was quite the dancing machine!

Colson taking Gramma Rosye out on the dance floor

Though I had to sit out on all the dancing, I still enjoyed spending time with Jim.
(Kaden took this picture, by the way)

The smallest of the second cousins - sweet Elizabeth was such a good baby!


And the next smallest second cousin is Bella - full of fun and personality!! Her Daddy flies in the Airforce and they'll get to be reunited in a couple weeks - I am grateful for their sacrifice!!

So much fun and excitement!! The kids did great, but were exhausted at the end!

And, for a special treat on the ride home, Root beer floats for the Roots.

1 comment:

Kristi Smith said...

Hey Terra,

I'm sorry you've had such physical struggles this summer. I was praying for you and am glad to hear that with treatment things have improved a little bit.

Thanks for sharing all the fun photos and memories. I enjoy your family so much. I just always think that you all relate to one another the way God intended families to relate (well, minus a few less-than-perfect moments that come as a result of our sin). The love that you and Jim share is an encouragement to me as a single person who is frankly terrified by all the scary relationships and marriages I see. And I love the way that you both ENJOY being parents and spending time with your kids and how you intentionally parent them in a way that teaches them love for God

Love you and wish you were nearer so I could spend more time with you guys, and maybe help out some on those long weeks when Jim is traveling and you're struggling.

Kristi Sue