However, today was a day when her desire to act battled her mommy's emotions. For a year now, Kylee has been growing out her hair so that it could be cut and donated to Locks of Love. After seeing her cousin battle leukemia and losing his hair, and hearing of her Nana's donation to Locks of Love, Kylee knew it was something that she wanted to do! I have been proud of her determination all along the way, but found I wasn't quite ready to say good-bye to her beautiful, long locks of strawberry blond hair. I was hesitant and she knew it.
"Mommy, I really want to do this!" She pleaded with me as I tearfully brushed through her long, golden tresses one morning. I knew that it was something that I had to let her do, even if I didn't feel ready. It is more evidence of that drive and passion in her heart to act and I couldn't hold her back. So, today was the day I drove her in and, as I cried, onlookers dropped their jaws and Kylee smiled excitedly, off came 9 inches of pigtails. Here's my girl:


The company Kylee ended up donating her locks to was called Beautiful Lengths. We learned that Locks of Love now charges clients for the wigs made from donated hair, while Beautiful Lengths still gives the wigs freely to patients in need, which we both liked a bit better!
2 comments:
Love Love LOVE the new hair cut. It looks precious. And she looks like a little bit older young lady. So very cute.
I simply love you and your new haircut! Your beautiful hair will make another little girl look beautiful too! You have a very sweet heart!
Lots of love,
Grammy
Post a Comment