Friday, September 4, 2009

Squeezing in some end of summer fun

Every year as the summer draws to an end, I always find myself grasping for more time - more long summer evenings, more carefree summer mornings, more fireflies and poolside, but mostly more fun times and memories with the kids. I believe, in the midst of our circumstances, we made the most of what time we had, but that last week we really tried to pack in some extra fun.

Our friend, Pete, giving the kids a joy ride during a day at their home on the lake

Kaden enjoying his time with sweet Caroline

Kaden pretty excited about the jet ski ride he had just taken with Daddy

Kylee and Colson - swimming past sunset

Kylee loving on Daddy during some front yard game time

Jim worked on several projects in our home over the summer and the boys really got into it! Anytime he started working, the boys would grab all their tools and ask what they could do to help. Here they had just returned from the hardware store with Daddy.

Kylee is also a big helper and loves to care for the baby and help with the cooking!! After making a family size quiche, I let her make her own personal one.

One of our favorite parks! It has a wonderful lake and sandy beach front, with a path that winds all the way around for bike riding and walking. We love to spend our evenings here!

Cole and Kade were cracking up about something - I realize that boys have a humor that I just don't get, but they sure are a lot of fun!!

Some of our dearest Wisconsin friends - Abbi and Olivia. We just adore these girls and are so grateful to have them and their family in our lives!! What a tremendous blessing!!

No comments: