Saturday, September 12, 2009

You've got to laugh a little

Most things have been much harder for me having arthritis flare ups as a mom of little ones, but occasionally, my little ones can make the heavy load a little lighter. I love the laughter they bring!

Kaden - "Here, Mommy, hold on to my shoulders and I will help you to walk!"
"Mommy, I think you might need to go to walking school to learn how to walk again!"
"Mom, my (s)tuffed little froggy walks just like you, watch!" (then demonstrates a hunched, slow, shuffling gait with a limp that the kids see me with every morning)

Colson - (while playing duck-duck-goose) "Mommy, if I tag you as goose I will only walk for you and not run so that you can still catch me, OK?"

Kylee - I asked her if it was hard seeing me walk like "a grandma" in the mornings... "Oh, Mommy, you don't walk like a grandma because grandma's don't walk like that. I think you walk like a great, great, great grandma, 'cuz you have to be really old to walk that way!"

2 comments:

The Benningtons said...

Kids are so darn honest sometimes:) So sorry to hear your having to deal with so much pain, Terra. I had no idea you suffered from arthritis; are you taking any meds for the pain?

Jan said...

Oh, so funny! I remember when you were a little person, you used to come up with the cutest things. Must have trickled down to your kids.