Monday, September 14, 2009

"gim"

On the front of our church brochure, there are many pictures of people and families representing different age groups and ethnic groups - a common approach, I'm sure, to demonstrate that all people can belong. The other day as we were waiting in line to pick up Kylee from school, I was trying to keep the baby from getting too antsy in the car and continuously handed him a variety of objects to keep him distracted. Getting frustrated, he would quickly finish with one and be ready for the next thing to keep his mind off of "I just want to get out of here and run around!" Until, that is, I handed him the church brochure, still sitting in our van from a few days prior. He looked, turned it around many times and studied it. Then, a smile spread over his little face. "Gim - Dada!" He stated, and pointed to the brochure, looking at me with big, bright eyes. Wondering what on earth he saw that made him think of Daddy Jim, I looked at where his chubby little index finger was pointing. And there it was - amidst several other photographs, little A. had found a picture that touched his heart and relayed a beautiful message of the relationship he felt with Daddy Jim. Can you see it?

2 comments:

jenny said...

That's REALLY sweet. Such a testiment to Jimmy!

Jan said...

Oh you are so right. I need to go get some kleenex. I'm so glad that your little guy has had these days / weeks/ months with your family. I read somewhere that a child's personality is formed by the time they are 2 or 3. I pray for him that whatever the plans God has for him (Jeremiah), he will grow to be a man of God.