Sunday, September 5, 2010

blink


It happens in a blink...



it happens in a flash...


This past week has been hard on the heart. I'm in the midst of an identity crisis as the years I spent wholeheartedly devoted to my little ones at home has shifted into a new season of life and motherhood that I don't feel as prepared for. How very, very quickly the time passed by. In the quiet moments I have had, I can't help but reflect upon the last several years of our journey together:

How well did I unselfishly give of my time and my energy to my little ones? Did my children know that they were a joyous blessing ... or did I too often make them feel like a burden? Did I give them all the focused attention that they deserved? Was I their cheer leader, encourager and comforter as often as I needed to be? Did I give them direction, security, stability and help them develop a heart for God and His purposes? Did they sense the joy I felt at being their mommy, caring for their needs, comforting their fears and kissing their owies? In a world and culture where the role of "mom" is much too easily devalued, do my kids know how very fulfilled I feel being their mom and how very worthwhile my time at home has been? Though I wish I had some "do overs", I wouldn't trade a moment of my time with them for the world.




"The hard, daily, repetitive work of making a home a haven, providing healthy meals, correcting and training little ones, and constantly cleaning up messes is perceived as menial labor instead of the stuff from which godliness is built."
- Sally Clarkson, The Mission of Motherhood

"Those foundational years in the life of a child - those same years when I sometimes thought I was accomplishing nothing - have a lasting effect on almost every aspect of the rest of that child's life."
- Sally Clarkson, The Mission of Motherhood

So, here we go kiddos!! Though it may take me some time to get used to, I will embrace this beautiful new season of life and continue to devote myself wholeheartedly to this wonderful, meaningful role of mommy to each of you!!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: