****
When at a doctor's appointment checking on Kaden's ears, the doctor asked him, "Why are we here?"
Kaden didn't miss a beat, "I'm here for Jesus!" and threw his hands up in the air.
(every day as I drop them off at school I ask, "Who are you?" "To Whom do you belong?" and "Why are you here?" ... usually the answer is "to love and serve others", but "Jesus!" works too!)
****
I was sick in bed one morning and Kaden could not handle it. He came in multiple times with 'Love' cards, water, peanuts, anything he thought would help me to feel better. He told me, "Mommy, I love you so much! I will love, love, LOVE you forever. You will always be the one girl that I love for always!" I mentioned to him that one day he may have a wife that will be the girl just for him and he stated, "Well, then, I'm gonna bring her over here and show her my mommy and tell her everything you did for me when I was a kid. Then she'll love you too!"
****
Another morning Kaden came into my room dressed as a policeman. "Mommy, I am going to be your policeman and protect you from all the mean guys there are! And when I grow up, I'm gonna be an army guy so that I'll keep you and all of America safe from the mean guys, OK?"
****
Kylee was awarded a trophy for placing in her first meet. Of course, we're proud of all her hard work, trophy or not. Her childlike innocence shone through when she came home from school one day and asked, "Mom, I told my teacher that I got a piston cup at my meet and she told me I could bring it to school and show her. Can I?"
****
While driving, I pushed the button to close the back windows where my boys were sitting. Immediately Colson asked, "Mommy, could you please open my window?"
I explained to him that it was getting a little too cool for windows to be open and he listened before stating, "Well, then, I don't know how I'm going to get my fingers out!" His poor little fingers had been closed in the window! My poor baby - he was polite and patient all the while. Needless to say, I felt terrible.
I explained to him that it was getting a little too cool for windows to be open and he listened before stating, "Well, then, I don't know how I'm going to get my fingers out!" His poor little fingers had been closed in the window! My poor baby - he was polite and patient all the while. Needless to say, I felt terrible.
****
The kids know that we don't have a lot of say when it comes to the future of our baby girl. We've talked about the different layers of government and their responsibilities in the past, but it still surprised me one morning when Kaden came to the breakfast table and asked, "So, Mom, what does the government have to say about our Tiny?"
****
Apparently, the President and I were on the same freeway at the same time on the same day in the same city. I was a bit concerned when I saw all the police vehicles lining the entire freeway and every single exit and entrance. Then I saw lines of fancy, black, shiny cars and remembered that Mr. Obama was to be making a visit to one of the local factories that day and it all made sense. Ever since that day, the boys always ask me when we enter the freeway, "Mom, do we get to see the government on the road again today???"
2 comments:
I LOVE all of these but especially the one where Kaden said you'll be the girl just for him and he'll bring his wife over to meet you and tell her all the things you did for him...and she will love you too. Doesn't that just bring tears to your eyes?
My nephew told my sister that he would always live on Hansville Rd so he could check on her every day. I am so touched by the love little boys have for their mothers.
I love Kylee's equating of her trophy with the "Piston Cup"--too cute!
And the sweetness and patience of all your children amazes me (although I'm sure they have their moments). I believe you are raising some amazing young persons in that Root household!
Post a Comment