Monday, August 30, 2010

brave little boy

It was not a major surgery, but still, all surgeries can be scary... especially for the mommies of sweet little ones, and even more so when daddy is far, far away for work. But, even so, it needed to be done. My Colson had suffered with fluid filled ears for so long, despite all attempts to decongest him, and his hearing had nearly vanished. Tube placement would drain the fluid and allow him to hear again, which is mandatory, especially when just about to start school. In addition, both my boys suffer dreadful nose bleeds and the doctor was going to cauterize Cole's nose while in surgery. Both procedures were minor and required little anesthesia and had easy recoveries. There wasn't too much to be concerned about, except for one little thing... a "growth" that the doctor had seen in one of Colson's ears. What it was, exactly, wouldn't be known until surgery, but the doctor didn't want me to be surprised if there was something "more" for us to discuss during the procedure. How grateful I am to be able to trust in God's great sovereignty!!

the popsicle breakfast was a hit

playing while waiting

with mommy and doggy

with nurse Jan getting ready to go

"I'll be fine, Mommy, don't worry! I've got doggy and blankie!"


all done - more popsicles!!

What a joy it was for me to hear that the "growth" was just an accumulation of dead skin!! Thank you, God!!!

And home we go! I'm so proud of you, my brave little boy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, too, Colson! Good job chronicling your son's bravery, Terra!
Love, Auntie Jan