So, they say these guys are ready for kindergarten. But, I am not... not at all. Though all of their five years are accounted for, they seem to have passed by much too quickly. And, to add to the emotional milestone, their entrance into kindergarten means something more in my life. When Kylee started school, I was entering into a new season of motherhood; with the boys starting, I am ending an entire season of motherhood. A season, in fact, that will always be remembered as some of the best years of my life. The years have been full of amazement, excitement, fun, wonder, awe, teaching and learning new things and a whole lot of "firsts". They have been wonderful. I have loved (nearly) every moment. In fact, as a young one myself, these younger years full of babies, toddlers and preschoolers were the ones that I imagined, dreamed of and longed for. I cannot believe that they are over - that I am now a mommy to a handful of school aged kids. They are growing up. I am, against my will, being forced to close the door on the season of young motherhood and run, full throttle, into the next - the school aged years.
Ready or not, kindergarten, here they come!!

I will truly, honestly, desperately miss the days of doing this:
and learning at home:
and baking cupcakes in middle of the day because we felt like it:
and losing track of the hours we spent in the basement shooting hoops:
Oh goodness, these have been some wonderful years.
3 comments:
Wow! I can't believe it either! So good for me to read this, as I feel so tired with this pregnancy and just wanted to shut out Bella's incessant talking today. Some days it feels like this season will last forever. But, now seeing your boys going into kindergarten has awakened my eyes that it does truly fly by...
Terra, you've done a great job of cherishing the moments you've had, and you've recorded so many of them as well. I'm sure you will do as well as a mother of school-agers as you have as a mother of preschoolers. You'll still have lots of fun!
Auntie Jan
Tee, dittos!! You have blessed your kids enormously in these first years! And they are so much the richer for it. They are bound for greatness!!
Love you,
Mom R.
Post a Comment