****
"Dear God, thank you for the opportunity to do foster care because a lot of kids don't have moms and dads to care for them and I love that you gave us that job to do." -Colson
****
Daddy was on a business trip and Ky was missing him like crazy. While eating breakfast, a large buck came galloping through the back yard and Ky declared, "Oh, I wish daddy was coming home riding on that buck to join us for breakfast!" What a sight that would be!!
****
On a very wet fall morning, Kaden looked out the sliding glass door and sighed heavily. "Mom, I really wanted to play outside today. Do you think we could dry off our grass with a towel?" Hmmmm, that might be a little hard to do with a 0.6 acre lot!!
****
Colson was asking me questions about my wedding day and the limo that we drove off in. He wanted details on the limo, but I couldn't seem to remember much and told him I was probably too distracted because I was so excited to be with my new husband. He cocked his head and asked, "Was daddy like your new toy?"
****
At bedtime, Ky so sweetly wrapped her baby doll in "swaddling cloths" and cuddled her up next to her in bed. At that moment, she decided that baby Emmy, whom she has had since she was 2, needed a middle name. She decided it would be "Kirsten" based on the American Girl books she was reading. I said all 3 names together and told her it was pretty. "But," Ky didn't hesitate, "soon, when I get married, she will have a new last name." Oh, baby girl, I know it will be here before we know it, but I hope it will take a long time to get here!
****
"Thank you, God, for this delicious food. And thank you for my mom, because if I didn't have my mom, I couldn't say 'thank you' for this delicious food!" -Colson
****
A friend of mine who had a baby came over to visit. Kaden was interacting with the sweet baby girl, then asked her mommy, "So, is she your forever baby?"
****
After watching The Blind Side with the kids, Colson asked, "Can we please adopt a boy who plays football?"
After watching The Blind Side with the kids, Colson asked, "Can we please adopt a boy who plays football?"
****
I have been so excited to help out with the kids Christmas program at church again this year. During an evening rehearsal, I had told the boys there would be childcare for them at church while mommy helped. When we pulled up to the church, Colson exclaimed, "I'm so excited to go into foster care!" I reminded him it was child care, not foster care and he replied, "Oh, that's right, we're foster carrying Tiny!"Kylee and I were running errands and drove past a cemetery. "Mom, when I die, will you bury me there, or in the back yard?"
****
****
After our Thanksgiving dinner, I was pulling the remainder of the meat off the turkey to make a soup. Kaden looks at the carcass and states, "Yep, he is dead!" A little later, he came back and stated, "Hey, mom, can we just wrap up our turkey and save him for next year?"
1 comment:
Your kids crack me up! My favorite is "was Daddy like your new toy?"
I would encourage you to scribble what the kids say in a book near your computer. I just know it will be overwhelming to wade thru hundreds of blog entries at some later date. Miss you a whole bunch!
Post a Comment