There is just something about little girls gravitating towards baby dolls. It has always amazed me as they instinctively know to hold, rock, kiss and feed their sweet dollies. My littlest has recently entered that stage and I love it!! However, I had a different first reaction to her dolly affections than I do with most. I watched with wonder as her feet toddled into Ky's room, scooped up a baby doll and held it tightly in her arms while rocking and kissing it's head. Then I had a moment of painful realization. My smile faded and tears formed as I continued to watch my Carys show love to her dolly.Those were the very things my precious little girl went without in her first several weeks of life.
No hugs or cuddles.
No rocking or lullabies.
No kisses.
Not enough food.
Not enough diaper changes.
She was starved for food and attention and her little body started to waste away. She learned quickly there was no reason to cry as her cries were not meant to be answered.
My heart will always hurt as I remember what my daughter had to endure as she first entered this world. However, I will always give thanks to God for allowing us to be the family to give her those first cuddles, kisses and lullabies... and to have the honor of showing her what love and family are supposed to mean.
My sweetheart, you have shown me that despite your past, you know that babies are meant to be loved.
2 comments:
Beauty for ashes. God is good.
Hey Territa, thanks for sharing this. God bless you all.
Post a Comment