Friday, June 24, 2011

spoken for

It was the last thing on our minds.

"Mom! Your cell phone is ringing!" Kylee called, handing me the phone as she joined the boys, Carys and me outside to play. I missed the call, but it was an unknown number so I shoved the phone in my pocket and continued to play. There was finally a break in the storms and we were all eager to be outdoors and make the most of those final moments before dinner.

But the phone beeped again, indicating a message, so I took a minute to listen... a baby, in need of foster placement. My heart quickened, but I didn't feel the timing was right. Our schedule was full of gymnastics, swimming, tennis, a mission trip for my husband right around the corner and, last but not least, the adoption of our precious Carys. I called back to let the social worker know.

"Oh, I am so glad you called me back! We're having a hard time placing this baby! She's been discharged from the hospital, but she has nowhere to go..."

The conversation continued as the social worker described more details, but I was stuck on those first words... hard to place... nowhere to go...

No matter what brokenness surrounded this precious little princess, she needed to be spoken for... she needed a home to go to and a family to love her. Despite the "work" caring for her would involve, sacrifices that would need to be made, or the increased busyness of adding her appointments and visits to an already busy calendar, she so deserved to be valued for the incredible gift she is!! And so....

... we said "yes!"

Welcome home, little Elle!




You will be loved...

adored...

doted on...

rejoiced over and celebrated...


protected...

cherished...

and treasured...

...for the itty, bitty miracle that you are.


2 comments:

Jamie said...

Beautiful...I am so thankful for your family and all they do.

Papa said...

You make me smile.....and cry. You lift God's name high by the way you love others, and you make the rest of us want to be better, too.