Wednesday, July 20, 2011

overflowing

Life has been overflowing for us Roots lately. All good stuff, for sure, but keeping us busy, busy, busy!! I have found myself amused often as I think about the summer we had prepared for and, yet. the summer we are actually living.

Our Carys was not supposed to be with us. We were supposed to be heart broken and grieving. We were going to have a summer of healing as a family of 5 and not consider fostering again until the fall. I allowed the kids to choose several activities that sounded fun for them so that they could have a full and entertaining summer, despite the suffering they were going to be enduring at the loss of the little sister they loved.

Wow! What a different summer it has been!!! Our Carys has, surprisingly, become part of our family forever and the threat and dread of good bye has been removed. Rather than suffering and healing, we have been rejoicing! And not only is our adoption in process, but our break from fostering that we had planned, well.... it didn't happen, of course. You see, there was this newborn baby girl who needed a family ... you know the rest.

And all those activities? Well, they are still in process. It's been kind of a much-more-hectic-than-anticipated summer for us as I now plan, pack, prepare and plop all 5 little ones into the van to go to each and every activity, rather than just the 3 big kids. Busy, busy. There are days when I've been tempted to cancel all activities and just lock ourselves up at home to facilitate the feeding and napping schedules of the little girlies, but what kind of summer would that be? We've got to LIVE!

I'll go into Jim's 2 week mission trip to Togo, Africa in another post, but let's just say I have a ton of respect for those mommies who go solo long term - either single parenting or military mommies. I just can't imagine.

Busy as we are, we would not change a thing. This is the life God has given to us and this is the life we will live with passion, in obedience. How blessed we are to have a busy, bustling, boisterous home with many, many little ones to love!!!


"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5

2 comments:

Jan Smith said...

Good for you, Terra! Way to keep a positive outlook on a very busy life! I'm sure you have plenty of opportunities to get frustrated each day - I love that you have chosen to celebrate the busy-ness as the blessing of a full life in Christ.
Love you!

Jan said...

Years ago, in a Bible Study, I heard this verse explained that a quiver holds 30 arrows.

Ummmm.....I think maybe you and Jim should start thinking about adding on. It's fortunate you have such a nice, big back yard! :)