Tuesday, August 9, 2011

silly summer sayings


* My boys have tubes in their ears and, therefore, wear ear plugs and "head bands" when they swim. One day, Colson said to me, "I know why fish don't have ears! If they got ear infections and had to have tubes, the head bands couldn't stay on their heads for swimming because they are too slippery!"

* I was teasing Colson one day and he looked at me seriously and asked what that kind of teasing was called. "Sarcasm," I answered. He smiled and responded, "Mom, I know that you're just sarcastinating!!"


* While Colson was shooting hoops one day, I told him he was getting stronger with his shots. "That's good, because I need to beef up for the NBA!"

* Colson has very soft cheeks that everyone loves to "pet", though it sometimes annoys him. One day, he decided he'd make the most of it and stated, "Sure! You can pet my cheeks, if you pay me a quarter!"

* When Elle first came to our home, everyone was absolutely smitten. One day while Colson held her he said, "She is just SO cute!! I want to hug and squeeze her so tight, but I don't want her to break!"

* "Mom, I already know how to drive - I know how to steer, I know what the right pedal and left pedal do, now all you have to do is show me how to turn the car on!"

* "I think God is like 100 of my daddy!"


Kaden is my ever confident son... let me give you some examples:

* "Mom, I don't know what happened, but I suddenly have so much energy that I'm really good at soccer and can make so many goals!"

* While in a large, empty room at church, Kaden was singing away and then stopped to state, "Wow, I sound good!"

* One Sunday we stayed to help collect the communion cups from the sanctuary. After we finished, Kaden declared, "That was sure nice of us!"


* Kaden is a mama's boy. I love it. He still believes he will marry me one day. Love that too. As Jim was heading out to work he gave me a quick kiss good bye, to which Kaden replied, "Hey, Dad! Don't kiss my wife!"


"I plan to work out every day! Whatever it takes to get a full college scholarship!!"


* Kaden loves little Elle. Once while she was a bit fussy he said, "Just put her in my arms, Mom, she likes me!" Another time, he asked if she could pleeeeeeease sleep with him in his bed.



* One day out of the blue, Kylee said, "Mom, look at my pimples!" I looked at her confused as her face is clear as can be. She was pointing at her eyes... she meant pupils. :)

* Kylee was the first of the kids to get a cavity and was quite upset, refusing to eat all candy. Once the cavity was filled, she allowed herself one little treat. Kaden was surprised, "Kylee, what about your cavity!!" Kylee rolled her eyes a bit and stated, "Kaden, don't you remember, I got a refill!"

4 comments:

Papa said...

Great stories, Terra! Thank your kids for me! Papa

Jan Smith said...

Thank you for sharing - I love reading your kids' quotes!

Kristi Smith said...

Yay! Quote posts are always so fun. :)

Tawnya said...

Great quotes! Thanks for sharing with us Terra.