Monday, August 29, 2011

the nursery wall

During my study of the book of Isaiah last year, I was so comforted by the promises God made to His children. Such promises held even more value to me as I applied them to the little ones that God has brought into our home, whose young lives held so much trauma and heart ache from the beginning. No matter their background, they deserve to be valued for the treasure that they are, though often they are not. Though I'm not much of a visionary, I wanted these beautiful promises plastered on our nursery wall. I am grateful to be married to an amazingly creative man who took these incredible promises and made them into something beautiful! How I love to speak these promises into the little ears of those I am blessed to mother.


Promises - left to right, top to bottom:

I carry you close to my heart
I have called you by name
You are made with a purpose
Child, you are Mine
Precious in My sight
I have engraved you in the palm of my hand
I will sustain you and I will rescue you
Fearfully and wonderfully made
I am with you always

2 comments:

Jodi said...

That is amazing and beautiful!

Kate said...

oh, i love this. good job, jimmy!