Two and a half years!
The last time we saw my sister Sheila and her family was in December 2010. She had a toddler and a newborn, we had just 3 kids.
Since that time, they have served as missionaries in Indonesia, Nathan was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, they returned to the USA and she is now pregnant with a little girl named Lydia. We have adopted Carys and McKenna into our family and fostered others. Much life has been lived!
Our time together was much anticipated and so very much enjoyed!! It was wonderful to see relationships budding with REAL people, rather than sitting before pictures trying to remind our kids of the names and relationships of their family members. It was absolutely beautiful to witness!!
Nathan and Carys had a great relationship! He had a way with her that just made her giddy and silly. As she is a child with a challenging personality that creates a struggle in relationships, it was such a pleasure to watch her be so enjoyed by this amazing big cousin of hers!!
Kylee and Carys were especially taken with Sheila's sweet, little, growing tummy! Kylee and I were able to feel baby Lydia's kicks! Carys was always asking about the baby - she hasn't been around pregnancies much!
Cousin time was awesome!! Chaotic at times, of course, but the kind of chaos I love!! Relationships being built through silliness, laughter, playing, chasing, meals, time. What a joy!
| a little injured sparrow |
![]() |
| caring for the sparrow |
![]() |
| Colson and Nathan's minds think alike... Nathan had fun teaching Colson about carb calculations and insulin injections. Colson loved asking questions and learning! |
Aunt and Uncle time was pretty special too. Paul and Sheila were meeting my youngest girls for the first time and we got to enjoy their kiddos at completely different stages/ages than when we last saw them. We really enjoyed the times we got to spend engaging with each other's children!!
We didn't get too many photos of the sisters and brother in laws together (unless Sheesh has some - sorry Jan!), but here's what I got! :)
The hardest parts of visits with family: good byes.
We thank God for the gift of family. Despite the miles and time that separate us, the bonds are strong and devotion is deep. We are so grateful for the treasured time we had together!!

















3 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Terra! I love hearing about the cousins enjoying each other, and the aunts and uncles, too, for that matter. I love both of your families, and I'm so glad you finally got to spend time together.
Oh! I just loved every single photo! Thank you, Terra!
Ahhhh....
Territa! I'm so happy to see you blogging again. :)
Post a Comment