Monday, December 1, 2008

7 years and counting

As a child, I remember hearing "how quickly" time passes and I never believed it. It seemed that I couldn't grow up fast enough and felt as though I'd never be an adult. But I am, and I now know that time truly does pass so quickly. Jim and I just celebrated 7 years of marriage! Is that possible? Maybe it is...

Our first year of marriage we found out we were expecting a baby girl...

Our second year of marriage we welcomed that baby girl into the world and moved from California to Oregon...

Our third year of marriage we learned we were pregnant with identical twin boys, moved from Oregon to Wisconsin and welcomed our baby boys into the world...

Our fourth year of marriage we stayed put, but changed a lot of diapers and drank a lot of coffee...

Our fifth year of marriage we watched our babies walk into toddlerhood and our toddler run into her preschool stage...

Our sixth year of marriage we potty trained twin boys (big accomplishment!!) and moved from one suburb to another with more space to roam and explore...

Our seventh year we became a foster family and welcomed a sweet baby boy into our home who has changed our lives and hearts forever.

Well, there they are - all 7 years accounted for! I suppose it must be, though I still cannot wrap my mind around it. Feels like yesterday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has certainly been an action-packed seven years, hasn't it? We love you guys and appreciate your devotion to God and to each other!
Dad and Mom B.

Buntrock said...

What a beautiful couple!

Jon and Amy said...

Congratulations on 7 years! What a great example you are- :)

Jan said...

Ya got me all teary eyed reading thru this. :)