The day after Thanksgiving, I am finding, is becoming my favorite day of the year. We have created a tradition of making this day our Christmas decorating day. On this particular Friday, we were driving towards the tree farm, all bundled up, blasting the Christmas music and singing at the top of our lungs. I looked behind me at the 4 carseats full of silly kids I adored and realized something. Since the time I was a little girl, I dreamed incessantly of being married and having a family. And here I was, living out my "fairy tale". There sat my devoted husband beside me, laughing and rolling his eyes playfully at our Christmas giddiness. Our minivan was full of sounds that I had always anticipated - giggling, goofy children enjoying each other and loving life! This was the life I had always looked forward to and I was living it!
The warmth and joy I felt in that moment continued to flow as we hiked our way through the snow to find our perfect tree; as we returned home, pulled out our Christmas boxes and filled the home with ornaments, lights, boughs and stockings; as I watched our boys race their bikes alongside their Daddy's great stride down the street, after deciding they needed some "man time"; as Kylee and I donned our aprons and set out to start our holiday baking; as the baby took in the bright Christmas lights with awe and wonder for the first time in his life; as we started a fire and enjoyed it's warmth, while cuddling upon the couch for a movie. Yes, it was a wonderful day. I am so thankful for the bounty of blessings I have been given!!!



4 comments:
Thanks for sharing your fairy tale with us! I'm so pleased to hear about all the happy family times you enjoy together, and also how much you enjoy your husband and your kiddos. I love you and miss you!
Thanks for bringing us into your life for a day! We love you muchisimo! Papa
What a delightfully busy day, basking is His incredible blessings! We are so anxious to see you all. Only 22 more days!!
What a wonderful day! You bless our hearts.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment