Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kaden, my silly heart


Cole was sitting on the toilet doing his business and Kaden, out of the blue, hollered at him, "I hope that Jesus doesn't come back for us now, Cole!" (of course he ran off laughing under his breath!)
****

When Kaden prayed at meal time, I realized I must have been short tempered with his high activity level earlier in the day. "Dear God, thank you for making my mommy not be mad at me tonight!"
****

In Sunday school, the boys heard the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, but Kaden came home with some questions: "Did the fruit have poison in it?" "Did the police men have to come and get Adam and Eve?"
****

The boys and I were in one car and Ky and Daddy in another as we drove home from AWANA. The boys asked me to go fast and beat daddy home. "I'll go as fast as I can, but I don't want to break the speed limit!" Kaden pondered this, then responded, "But Daddy go really, really fast and he don't break his speed limit cuz his car's not broken!"
****

One day Kaden told me we "needed to leave our doors open so that Jesus could come in when He comes back to get us!"

****

The boys are really into Batman (Kade) and Spiderman (Cole). As they were talking about their favorite superheroes, Kaden had a question for his Daddy, "How come Jesus made Spiderman without a cape?"
****

After Kaden finished his timeout, I went to him and asked him to tell me why he had been placed there. The first thing out of his mouth was, "Mommy, I still love Jesus even when I'm naughty!"

****

While at an open gym, a woman asked my boys if they were twins. Kaden, completely serious, adamantly stated "NO, we are not twins, we are brothers! Why does everybody say that? I am Kaden and he is Colson! We are different, not the same!"

****

During bathtime, I was letting the boys splash around and play a bit while I folded a load of laundry outside the bathroom door. After awhile, Kaden announced, "Mom, if you leave us in here any longer we're going to melt into raisins!"

I went in and grabbed his towel, "Alright, little raisin, come here and dry off!"

In his usual sense of Kaden silliness, he sang (to the tune of Down by the Bay), "Have you ever seen a raisin talking to you?"

1 comment:

Jan said...

I remember a little girl who told her mother and me once while driving across Youngs Bay Bridge that she hoped Jesus would not come back over the bay because she was afraid that when she rose to meet him in the sky, he might drop her. Children are such precious beings. I treasure the experiences I had watching you grow up, Territa.