Saturday, November 22, 2008

funnies

"I'll be your Savior Kaden!" Kylee shouted, helping him across the parking lot.

****

"Oh NO! The baby!" When Colson saw grocery cart rolling backwards, with A's baby seat inside.

****

While on a family walk, this conversation ensued:
Kaden - "Thank you, God, for this beautiful day!"
Colson - "Thank you, God for this whole wide world!"
Kaden - "Thank you for making my mommy!"
Colson - "And please give toys and food to all the kids who don't have any!"

****

Colson - "Mommy, did Jesus save me?"
Me - "Yes, He did. Do you know what He saved you from?"
Colson - "Oh yeah! Lions and tigers!"

****

As we were leavning Target, I asked Kaden if I could hold his hand. His exuberant response both surprised and melted me.

"Oh yeah, Mommy, Thank you! I LOVE MY MOMMY!"

****

Kylee - "I love Pete Mandrion! He is a great artist! I love his colors, shapes and style. Daddy, did you know that I'm learning to be an author and an illustrator?"

****


Kaden knew I was dreading winter... even though it was only September. He tried to convince me, "But you can have fun and play in the snow, Mom! You can make snowballs, snowball fights, go sledding and everything!"

****

Sometimes, just to get their energy out, I have the boys run laps in the backyard. After one such lap running adventure, Kaden declared, "I ran all out of exercise!!!"

****

Colson's favorite song currently is "If we are His body". His favorite line is, "if we are His feet, why aren't His feet walking?" After hearing the song and the line on the radio, he responded to no one in particular, "My feet are walking to the airport to find a missionary plane to fly to Africa!"

****

Kaden thought it would be cool to sleep in undies and a T-shirt like his Daddy, but Colson didn't think it was such a great idea. "Cole, why aren't you going to bed like Daddy?"
Colson replied, "Cuz Daddy lets mommy see his underwear!"

****

Kylee was sick with the tummy flu and still wanted to eat. I explained to her I couldn't let her eat until she stopped vomiting. Kaden didn't agree, "Mom! If you don't feed Kylee she will starve and die!!"

****

Kylee's fav quotes - "goodness sakes", "holy smokes", "that's awesome!" and "That's what I'm talking about!"

No comments: