There is a stage in every child's life where they learn to write and spell. Kylee is learning right now, and a great reward to our family in this stage of hers is the love letters we find throughout the house every day. I have post it notes in my Bible, computer screen and beside table saying "I love you Mom!" If I've been gone running errands, I will frequently find a note waiting for me upon my entrance into the house, "I missed you and love you. Hope you had fun!" I just cannot get enough! Everyone in the family has benefited from her sweet letters of love and I hope that this stage does not pass too quickly!!
On another note, a couple nights ago we had a rough night with Kaden who was unable to sleep due to an earache. Well, we've certainly dealt with our share (dozens, really) of ear infections before, so I medicated him for pain, let him sleep on the floor in our room, and made plans to take him to the doctor in the morning. During the night, his poor little ear drum had ruptured yet again, but the pain and pressure were gone. Because it was a Sunday, Jim got to stay home with the other kids and I got to take just Kaden with me. I felt spoiled. Apparently, Kaden did too. As I buckled him in his carseat he looked at me with a huge grin and stated, "Mommy!! It's just Kaden and you! Just one boy and one girl! It's like a date! A date to the doctor!" He was, seriously, so excited!! My heart did a sad little flip flop as I realized just how little one on one time my twins, especially, get with me.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment