Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white...

Thanksgiving????


We were so surprised yesterday to wake up to a winter wonderland! In the past 4 years we have lived here, this is the earliest snowfall we've had! The kids, of course, were ecstatic, but Daddy had to get to snow blowing and shoveling right away as I rushed around inside digging through last year's snow gear (which I swear we just put away!), getting Kylee ready for school, and making our special "first snow of the year" hot cocoa. After a visit from the social worker, we were able to bundle up and head outdoors to enjoy the white stuff! The boys were in heaven!

So proud of their snowman!


Heading off for another adventure in the woods

Kaden appearing with a handful of sticks

Colson - all smiles!!

Kaden, having fun

Time for sledding!!

Our little backyard sledding hill

1 comment:

Jan said...

Zowie! I saw the snow in your first photo and I thought youw ere posting photos from last year in anticipation of snow later this winter! Brrrrr......it makes me cold just to look at it. Glad the boys like it. Isn't it strange that Jim grew up in southern California and probably spent a lot of his days on the beach. Your boys spend their boyhood making snowmen!