Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Once upon a time


Today, as I was attempting to play "soccer coach" at my boys request, my Kaden looked up at me and said, "I like being your kid, Mom." If he only knew how much I loved being his mom. As I looked upon my eager soccer students, I was overcome with more emotion than they might ever understand.

Once upon a time, not so long ago, their tiny little lives were growing inside me. And although I could feel their kicks on both sides and underneath my ribs, I struggled to feel joy because I had just received the news that not all was well with my babies. I remember hearing some percentages that didn't put the odds in their favor and my heart was breaking over the thought of losing one or both of them. Throughout my difficult pregnancy and multiple doctor's appointments, I pleaded with God to spare their lives and allow me to be 'mommy' to them for many, many years. And though I did nothing to deserve such favor, He granted me what I asked of Him. I have been 'mommy' to these precious boys for over 4 years already, and I'm loving it.

So, when my Kaden says, "I like being your kid, Mom," it reminds me of just how extremely grateful I am to my Father God for allowing him to be my kid too!!!

2 comments:

TAWNYA said...

Thanks for sharing that sweet note Terra. Our Father certainly has blessed you AND your kiddos. I just love that picture of you. Love ya'.

Laurie said...

And we are forever grateful as well! Love the picture...
so beautiful!!

Love you,
Mom R.