Monday, May 25, 2009

Celebrations

May has been a very fun and full month for us Roots. The celebrating started on Mother's Day, and because the kids didn't know better, we continued to celebrate mother's day with dates, hugs, enthusiastic expressions of love and adoration, and a ton of dandelion bouquets every day! Neither Jim or I felt the need to tell them Mother's day was over, as I had no problems with their outpouring of love!
On one such date, the kids and I enjoyed chocolate milkshakes and onion rings at a local frozen custard stand. So very yummy! Kaden kept saying, "I'm taking you out for Mother's Day cuz I got some money!" We did have a garage sale the weekend before, and I think he had a grand total of $0.50 for a tattered stuffed puppy. Love it!!

May 21st brought forth another day of celebration, as we welcomed (although begrudgingly) another year of life for me. Some dear family friends kicked off the day by surprising us with a spontaneous birthday party complete with balloons, flowers, cupcakes and gifts. I am so thankful for the friends God has placed in our lives out here in Wisconsin. We are immensely blessed!


That evening, the family took me out to eat at the Texas Roadhouse, which is one of my favorite family-friendly restaurants. Kylee, who is normally shy, shouted to the waitress that it was my birthday, so we got the saddle ride, rowdy birthday song and whole kit and caboodle. The kids loved it!!!

After our wonderful dinner, we were off to play some miniature golf with the family. It was so much fun, but the most amazing part was Colson hitting 2 holes in one! We were all astonished. What a fabulous feeling for my 4 year old boy!! Per request, here's Ky posing by the waterfall:
The weekend held even more surprises. Jim whisked me away on a romantic get away to the sweet little town of Cedarburg. What a charming place!! We had so much fun together, although we were quite surprised by all the "quiet". We are so grateful for our wonderful family friends, who offered to take all 4 kids for us!

By the time Memorial Day Monday rolled around, I was anxious to see the kids. We met up with them and our friends at the Memorial day parade and had so much fun!! I just love to see the wonder, excitement and awe on the kids faces as they take in all the sites and sounds.
below: Danielle, Nathan, Allison, Kylee and Caleb


Kaden very excited to tell Daddy something!!



I always get so emotional when the soldiers and/or veterans walk and drive by. The crowds always stand and applaud our brave men and women. Some in the crowds shout out, "Thank you for your service!" which I saw met many a time with a respectful nod of acknowledgement, or an deeply heart felt, "You're welcome." How extremely grateful I am for the many who have risked their lives for our freedom! Thank you.

1 comment:

Dad B. said...

Since we're having trouble getting in touch by phone, i resorted to your blog. What a delight! It would have taken HOURS for you to share all this by phone. The photos really help tell the story. Thanks, Terra.
Love,
Dad