Because having Mother's Day every day is just too much fun. I did have a lovely Mother's Day - Jim always makes it very special, and the kids get more excited to celebrate with every passing year. This year the boys, in particular, were really into it and couldn't help but to shout out, "Happy Mother's Day!" at any given chance. Well, no one has yet told them (Kaden especially) that this day is only celebrated one day out of the year. He continues to pour out his love, affection, and shouts of praise to me every single morning and at various times throughout the day.
"Here's a dandelion for you, Mommy, cuz it's mother's day!" -Kaden, day after mother's day
"Thanks for playing baseball and making us dinner, specially on mother's day, Mom!" -Kaden, 2 days after mother's day
"I wish every day was mother's day so that I could love you all the time!" -Colson, today
"Are we going on a special date with you, Mom, because it's for mother's day?" - Kaden, today
Seriously, this every day celebration is quite fun and I'm soaking it up! What a wonderful privilege to be "mom" to these precious children!! They are such a gift and I find it a joy and an honor to be at home, raising them and being covered with their hugs and kisses each and every day ... even the days that might be complicated by illness or attitude, I love being comforter and teacher ... even when I'm exhausted and overwhelmed, I love that it's because of them and for them. There's nowhere else I'd rather be.
"Being a mom is a sacrifice of incredible dimensions and a real test of your ability to give, endure, postpone gratification, think of somebody else way, way above yourself from moment to moment, be patient beyond reason, and have a sense of humor and a willingness to admit to weakness, ignorance, need, exhaustion and nuttiness."
- Dr. Laura
- Dr. Laura
2 comments:
Thanks for your grateful attitude, Terra Noel. Papa
Oh Happy Monther's Day again.. that was such a sweet post... and I love that picture!!!
Post a Comment