
My Kaden was born with a spot (this is how we have affectionately referred to his birthmark since Kylee termed it as such, when just a tiny tot). At first, it was a small, flat, light colored dot, but over time it grew. Last year, not only did it start to rise a bit, but it started to grow some hair as well. Because such spots have a higher incidence of melanoma formation, it was suggested that the spot be removed. We were in no hurry, however, since the need wasn't urgent and we were told he would need to go under general anesthesia because he was so young and couldn't sit still. However, this past fall, the spot started to really bother my very confident Kade.
"I don't like it. I know the fur keeps me warm, but I don't like it!"
So, we saw a dermatologist and plans were made to have the spot removed. The doctor was a little nervous doing local anesthesia on a young boy, but I felt it was the best for my son. In the end, he did GREAT!! During the hour long procedure and many, many "pokies" he sat totally still - the Dr. was amazed. So, my Kaden is now spot free. I will miss it.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you decided to do this. Mitch is 36, and he still gets self-conscious when people stare at his "turd" (affectionately named ... probably by his brother). This is one less thing Kaden will have to contend with as he's growing up. Great decision!
Post a Comment