Sunday, June 20, 2010

daddy


I am amazed at the daddy Jim is to the kids. I love the way he plays with them. I love the way he loves them. With the boys, he is goofy, playful and tough, with our girl he is gentle and understanding. There are such sweet relationships blossoming under the roof of our home because of the incredible man that my kids get to call daddy. It makes me fall in love all over again... and again... and again.

But he doesn't stop there. This Father's Day, I was blown away especially by the love he gives to the little ones who enter our home in need of protection. He doesn't have to do it, yet he chooses to love them wholeheartedly, with all the adoration and devotion that children deserve from a daddy. It doesn't matter that they don't share his name or bloodline, nor does it matter that loving them so will cost his heart greatly as they leave us. He commits, he adores, he cherishes. He makes sure that every child in our home knows that they are loved, that they are known and that they are something to celebrate.

Oh, what a joy it is to celebrate this Daddy today.


1 comment:

Papa B. said...

Way to go, Jim! Terra is a woman with sky-high standards, so impressing her is quite a feat! Way to be a great dad!