It is not often that my husband returns home from the hardware store with tear stained cheeks. So, as he entered our home wiping his eyes I was both confused and quite concerned, imagining what in the world could have happened at the Home Depot.
As he swallowed hard he tried to explain, "Tee, on the way home I heard that song by Steven Curtis Chapman 'Heaven is the face of a little girl' and I just thought of our little Tiny girl and how short our time with her will be and how awful it will be to let her go - I don't know if I can do it!" Tears welled quickly in my own eyes thinking of that terrible good bye that is to come, but also because I was moved by my husband's incredible love and tenderness that he has for this little one. We realized very early on in caring for Tiny that we felt deeply attached to her. Maybe it's because of the circumstances that lead her to our home or the condition in which she arrived, but we have felt extra protective of her, holding on to her ever so tightly.
In the wake of the court ruling that might possibly allow our sweet angel to live in an environment that, in our opinion, would be anything but healthy for her, our emotions and sense of protectiveness have been a bit intensified. The idea of living every moment with her to the fullest and protecting her the best we can in the time that we have her consumes our thoughts daily. The words to this precious song written by SCC after losing his sweet Maria resonated with us, though the forms of our losses are much different.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, this brought me to tears, too .... I'm so sorry for your aching hearts, but I can't help but wonder if God isn't up to something big here, that He has a wonderful plan in the works. Many prayers are going up for all of you.
Hugs,
Mom/Grammy
My eyes are filled with tears and my heart is filled with hope for all of you.
Loving you,
Dad/Poppy
Post a Comment