After our "A" went home to his family 18 months ago, we had the wonderful privilege of seeing him fairly frequently for the first several months. However, as time moved on, both his family and our family became busy with living and more time passed than we realized. We missed our boy something dreadful!! After many attempts to contact his family, I was finally able to get a hold of them on his 3rd birthday and make plans to see him again. I wanted to be very sensitive to his needs as many months had passed since he had seen us and asked his mom if it would be too hard for him to spend the day with us. "Oh no!" She answered, "He talks about you all the time!" Though it was hard for me to believe, my heart nearly melted. He remembered us.
His sweet little face was peering through the window when we drove up to his house, awaiting our arrival. He burst into smiles and was completely uninhibited as he ran into our arms and hugged us, as though no time had passed at all. I loved the feel of him in my arms and could have stayed there all day hugging him. But there was a van full of kids dying to see him and so we packed him up and took off. Giggles and chatter filled the van as we drove. My heart felt so full. The journey of foster care can be so hard and full of pain, heart ache and tears ... but this, this part of it was beautiful and wonderful and fulfilling. I couldn't stop thanking God for the beautiful blessing of having all the babies I have mothered in my care again, even for just one day. How grateful I was for this magnificent gift!!!
1 comment:
What a wonderful impact you've had on a sweet boy. God bless you all!
Post a Comment