
Spring has been an exciting new experience for our little Tiny girl. She's been walking for a few months now, but only indoors. Throughout the frigid winter months here in WI, she has been carried everywhere outdoors as we hurry from heated van to a heated home or facility. We have kept her pretty sheltered from the elements and she has learned to walk with security and confidence on sure, level terrain.
But now, her little feet are learning to navigate their way over unfamiliar ground. Our driveway has ridges, cracks and slopes. The grass has uneven patches and bumps. Her steps outdoors are cautious and careful and uncertain. There is fear present as each small stride now involves risk - how easy it is for her to lose her balance and fall down.
However, if I grasp her small, soft hand in my own, she has all the confidence she needs to walk firmly and securely once again. Her fears subside as she knows the one who holds her hand is her comforter, protector and satisfier of her needs. Not to mention, one who loves her passionately.
I don't know about you, but I have several places in my life where I am walking on unfamiliar paths:
Foster care. Definitely. Everything is unknown and unpredictable. Nothing is safe and secure.
A new leadership position. Absolutely scared to death. I wonder how will I ever measure up. My confidence has been shaken and I have often felt overwhelmed at the responsibilities ahead.
A new stage of parenting. Oh how I love them being little. Watching my kids grow has been hard for me. I have been dragging my feet as we enter these school age years and deal with more mature attitude issues.
Oh, how very often I feel defeated and fearful about what lies ahead. I grow afraid of the risk involved or the changes that lie ahead, just like my Tiny girl taking her slow, cautious steps over uneven ground. If only I could remember as easily as she does that my Comforter, Protector and Satisfier is also holding my hand through it all. I can hold tightly and trust completely. He will NOT let go. How much more assurance do I need?
"He gently leads those who have young." Isaiah 40:11
"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand." Isaiah 41:10
"For I am the Lord who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.' " Isaiah 41:13
"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do. I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you." Isaiah 43:5
"I will go before you and will level the mountains." Isaiah 45:2
"I have upheld you since you were conceived, and have carried you since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:3-4
"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand." Isaiah 41:10
"For I am the Lord who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.' " Isaiah 41:13
"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do. I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you." Isaiah 43:5
"I will go before you and will level the mountains." Isaiah 45:2
"I have upheld you since you were conceived, and have carried you since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:3-4
"He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water." Isaiah 49:10
"Those who hope in me will not be disappointed." Isaiah 49:23
"I have covered you with the shadow of my hand." Isaiah 51:16
"The Lord will go before you and will be your rear guard." Isaiah 52:12
"Those who hope in me will not be disappointed." Isaiah 49:23
"I have covered you with the shadow of my hand." Isaiah 51:16
"The Lord will go before you and will be your rear guard." Isaiah 52:12
2 comments:
Beautiful, Terra!
Makes me want to study Isaiah! You apply what you learn so well to real life! Thanks for sharing your life and heart!
Thanks for sharing those verses, Terra. I think I need to memorize a couple of them. You make wonderful connections and applications.
Post a Comment