After I had gathered all the kids from their classrooms and bustled them to the car, cooked them lunch and wiped up crumbs, we spent the afternoon playing baseball in the back yard and 4 square in the driveway. We later came back in to prepare dinner and snuggle up for Funniest Home Videos. After baths and bedtime, I came down stairs feeling pooped. I plopped myself down on the couch thinking, "well this will be a Mother's Day I won't forget!"
But then, something happened. I realized that this day, alone though I may have been, celebrated all that I had ever hoped to be when I was younger. I dreamed of being a mommy and here I had spent the day being just that!!! Suddenly, the exhaustion I felt turned into tears of deep, fulfilled gratitude at the way God has blessed me immensely. Yes, my house is full and busy and bustling... yes, it can become exhausting doing it alone for a prolonged period of time... yes, I did not get "the break" that Mother's Day usually provides... but this is motherhood, and motherhood I love!!!!

1 comment:
I remember you telling us when you were little that you wanted to have 8 children when you were a mommy. And you were going to name them all Rachelle. I wonder how the boys would feel about being called Rachelle?
It was a wonderful day being surrounded by your 4 children. But maybe when Jim is back you can throw in a spa appt. :)
Post a Comment