Thursday, May 5, 2011

i will stand by you

As we have been focused on helping our kids through this time, Jim and I have been making a concerted effort to celebrate them at every possible moment. It's been a time for family sleep overs, one on one dates, family bike rides and baseball in the back yard. We certainly make sure that we have fun and laugh hard in between the times of tears. One thing that my kids do love is when I make "movies" for them and/or about them. So, lately, I've been putting imovie to good use and having fun capturing the kiddos... just thought I'd share.





One afternoon after having cried together over the reality of Tiny leaving, we were driving and Kylee asked me to turn on some country music "because it's fun and has a great beat!" She wanted something lighthearted. I complied and within moments, she and I had cheeks stained with tears once again. It wasn't a lighthearted song playing, rather a wonderful song of commitment to helping a loved one through a storm that they are too small to control. That is Jim's and my focus right now - to help our courageous kids through this storm.

1 comment:

Callae said...

Terra
That was absolutely beautiful!! What a wonderful song with such a great choice of pictures! Your kids are so blessed to have you both. God is standing by you as you well know and He won't let you fall. Love you, Callae