Sunday, September 25, 2011

all their bags are packed



they're ready to go!

This time last year, I was an emotional mess! I couldn't believe my "babies" were starting school and felt that I had come to an end of an era... and one that I loved dearly. However, little did I know what God had in store for me at that time. As my boys headed off to school, God blessed our home by adding 2 more precious little girls, and I am ever so grateful. It certainly made the first day of school a little less overwhelming for me this year! I never enjoy having the kids out of the home, but we are so incredibly blessed to live in an area with fantastic schools and we couldn't be more pleased with the education they are receiving.

Colson in Mrs. Bastian's 1st grade class
first day of school rating 4/10 (because he missed his mommy)
with the removal of the mommy factor, his first day of school earned a 7/10

Kylee in Mrs. Traylor's 3rd grade class
first day of school rating 9/10, the only deduction being that her classroom is now upstairs and with a cast, she got very tired with frequent trips up and down the stairwell.

Kaden in Mrs. Kaminsky's 1st grade class
first day of school rating 1/10. He couldn't find his locker, felt like he didn't know what he was doing, is separated from his brother and best bud, and they didn't even want to play soccer with him at recess. Yep, this mama cried. (the next day, however, earned a 10/10, but there is much fluctuation with this little guy this year - definitely having the hardest time adjusting!)

Here's to the remainder of the 2011/2012 school year!
May it be full of adventure, growth, learning and new friendships and experiences!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Love how you score it like a gymnastic meet! :)