We started our summer with a wonderful visit from Jim's parents. It was so, so, so nice to see them and spend time with them. Though they had met her several times before, this was the first time that they were able to embrace Carys as their new granddaughter - it was a beautiful sight!!
Two days after their departure, our precious Elle arrived in our home. When I think of her, I just think "Joy". I am not going to lie, I felt rather trepidacious driving to the hospital to pick her up on that warm afternoon in June, wondering how on earth I would be able to give enough of "me" to each of the little ones in my home. However, we could not deny the fact that this little one needed a home, so we pushed on, trusting God to equip us. Oh my, has He ever!!! He has sustained us day by day, giving us the energy, strength, stamina and JOY to meet the needs of those He has placed in our care. There has been so much love and I have melted many times as I see all the tiny hearts in our home completely embrace the newest little addition.
A week after our baby girl arrived, Daddy departed to Togo, West Africa for 2 weeks. What an incredible experience he had. They made much progress on the Hospital of Hope as they worked alongside incredible Togolese men. Jim has said that their contentment and gratitude in life, despite what little they had, as well as their amazing work ethic left indelible marks upon his life. I am so grateful that Jim got to go and be forever changed.
(he's the white guy in the back with a black hat)
The kids loved hearing Daddy's stories of his time in Togo! One of their favorites, however, that has been repeated multiple times by them, is that the Togolese people are so used to HOT weather (Jim was working in the 120's!) that when it gets as low as 90, they start pulling out hats and jackets!! I cannot imagine! Well, the kids couldn't either, so the next 90 degree day we had, they wanted to try it out for themselves. :)
Have I mentioned how much I love these kids of mine?!?!

We had such a wonderful reunion with Jim when he returned. What a wonderful husband and daddy we have been given!


Two weeks later, Daddy's work took him away to Spain, for yet another 2 weeks. The kids were devastated!! However, already on the calendar prior to any knowledge of such work travels, was a planned trip from my mom, Nana, to visit us. It came at perfect timing and we so enjoyed our time with Nana!!








Two weeks later, Daddy's work took him away to Spain, for yet another 2 weeks. The kids were devastated!! However, already on the calendar prior to any knowledge of such work travels, was a planned trip from my mom, Nana, to visit us. It came at perfect timing and we so enjoyed our time with Nana!!
The kids had chosen many activities over the summer, so we did some of this:
lots of this:



and lots of this:


got to spend some time playing with the "grandmas":


got to cheer daddy on in his first wiffle ball tournament:


and lots of this:


got to spend some time playing with the "grandmas":
got to cheer daddy on in his first wiffle ball tournament:
were able to make a Brewers game:



and when we weren't running around playing,
we got to enjoy our wonderful, big backyard!!
and when we weren't running around playing,
we got to enjoy our wonderful, big backyard!!
Near the end of summer, we got to deal with our first family bone break and all the ramifications that go along with it. It is still impossible to keep this girl down!
No comments:
Post a Comment