One can imagine his excitement when he finally found a young lady with whom he wanted to marry, at the age of 6 and a half. Out of the blue during a waffle breakfast on a lazy Saturday morning, he declared to all, "Yes! I finally know whom I'm going to marry! Hey, Kylee - will you come to my wedding?" I appreciated his fine choice of a sweet little girl of some friends of ours, but informed him that he needed the father's permission first to be allowed to marry her. "Well then, I'll talk to him and I'll get all dressed up in wedding clothes too!" He chose the words by himself, and practiced multiple times throughout the day. He even allowed me to video one of his rehearsals, with his chosen attire on as well.
The next day he got himself dressed up and we ran into the young lady's father in the hallway at church. He grew a little shy when attention was drawn to his tie and suit coat, but when the father knelt at Kaden's eye level, he was able to mumble through the words he wanted to say. I believe the father was taken a little off guard, but he was very kind in his response. "Well, that would be nice, but let's wait another 20 years or so. She does really like you guys and talks about you a lot." Kaden smiled big as we walked away. Upon joining the family in the van, my confident son gave a report, "Well, I have to wait like 20 years, but otherwise, she likes me!!"
1 comment:
Oh, Terra and Jim....I watched this video and halfway thru it, tears were streaming down my face and I was taking giant gulps of air. Whoever they end up marrying, they will be very lucky women. (Territa...have you bought the mother of the groom dress yet?)
Post a Comment