As we drove into City Hall today I told my boys I was going to vote and they had to be good.
"Why do you have to vote?" They both wondered.
I explained to them the process of voting to choose the next leader of our country, one of which I wanted to win and the other I most certainly did not.
"Why do you not want one to win?" They were curious.
"Well, for starters, he thinks it's OK to take little growing babies out of their mommies tummies before they are ready," I answered carefully, feeling that any more detail would be too gruesome for their little ears.
"But then they will die, Mommy!" My wise Colson answered.
"Yes, darling, you are right. Many, many little babies do die." I swallowed hard as tears formed in my eyes.
"But God does not want us to kill the people that He has made! That's not OK! We should tell him that!" Kaden spurted out.
How is it that my 3 year olds can make sense of something that so much of the world doesn't understand???
3 comments:
No wonder why God wants us to be more like little children! They see things so simply, yet so clearly.
Terra, I'm always amazed at how you handle these situations with your kids so carefully and with so much wisdom. Your reliance on God and the Holy Spirit on how to teach your children is going to be such a huge blessing to them.
Love,
Holly
Love to hear their special, precious words. So neat. Is that a picture from when you were a nurse? So precious...
The picture posted is me holding my sweet 4 lbs Kaden when he was just days old... so tiny!!
Post a Comment