Tuesday, October 21, 2008

tonight's dinner conversation

Me - "God is so good! Can you each tell me one thing that you're grateful to Him for today?"

Kylee - "Yeah! I'm thankful for the food we have to eat!"

Colson - "But I'm not glad. I'm sad for all the kids who don't have food to eat."

Kaden - "Yeah, what happened? Did God forget them?"

Me - "Oh no, God did not forget them. He loves them just like He loves you! But this is a fallen world and there are a lot of bad things that happen. In heaven, there will be no more hungry kids and no more pain or crying."

Colson - "And I think that God wants for us to take care of them!"

Reminds me of a quote I've read:
“Sometimes I’d like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice in the world when He could do something about it……but I’m afraid God might ask me the same question.”

1 comment:

Jan said...

And I think you have a wise son.