Foster care requires sacrifice by every family member. There are times when I ask the kids to help keep the baby happy so that I can finish up dinner... there are moments when my children can't have their needs met immediately because I am in the middle of feeding or changing or rocking the baby... there are several trips taken to the county for Tiny to have visits with her parents... and, with a baby often in my arms, I can't always run and play along with the kids as I would like, though I am sure to make the most of the times without a baby in my arms.
On one occasion, the kids were playing in the basement and I asked Kylee to please hold and entertain the baby so that I could complete dinner for the family. She had a moment of hesitation when she realized that she would not be able to continue playing as she was, even though she absolutely adores Tiny. I understood Kylee's predicament, because I am often interrupted from my tasks to care for the baby's needs.
"Sweetie, I know it's not always easy to have the baby to care for. We all have to work together as a team and I really appreciate when you help. Do you know that God see's all the times when you love Tiny above yourself and meet her needs before your own? He knows, Ky, and He rejoices."
Kylee's eyes suddenly grew wide and I could nearly see sparkles glittering within them! "Mom, when I get to heaven, will God give me jewels in my crown for the times I'm loving Tiny?" She asked with a broad smile.
That's my girl - always wanting to be a princess, even in God's eternal kingdom.
2 comments:
That is so sweet! And such a good reminder for me to remember how God sees all the times we sacrifice to put others' needs before our own - what a helpful attitude adjuster:)
Just precious!!
Post a Comment