This Mother's Day, I was reminded that I am living in some prime times. This stage of motherhood, I realized, has got to be one of the best. The kids are so full of love, tenderness, innocence and no inhibition of their feelings of love. On their own initiative, my little ones worked tirelessly on homemade cards, complete with misspelled words and fun drawings. They were filled to the brim with excitement to share their labors of love with me on Mother's Day morning. Kylee also created some precious necklaces to wear proudly around my neck. Their sweet words, their excitement, their eagerness to please and to pour out love so freely ... words just can't express what that does to this mama's heart.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
treasure
This Mother's Day, I was reminded that I am living in some prime times. This stage of motherhood, I realized, has got to be one of the best. The kids are so full of love, tenderness, innocence and no inhibition of their feelings of love. On their own initiative, my little ones worked tirelessly on homemade cards, complete with misspelled words and fun drawings. They were filled to the brim with excitement to share their labors of love with me on Mother's Day morning. Kylee also created some precious necklaces to wear proudly around my neck. Their sweet words, their excitement, their eagerness to please and to pour out love so freely ... words just can't express what that does to this mama's heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks so much for treasuring these moments publicly, to help the rest of us remember that wherever we are in life, we need to embrace it, because we won't pass this way again. You're an expert at extracting joy from life, and it enhances the rest of our lives, as well. We love you and your fun, loving family, T! Papa and Nana
Post a Comment