This year marked the big 3-5. It felt like quite a milestone, one I wasn't ready for yet. My mother in law has always told me that 35 is the age of a woman's prime - the favorite year of her life. She also had told me (several years back) that the 30's were something to look forward to because the kids would be doing such fun things and she has been right! Though we are still dealing with some toddlers, diapers and tantrums, we are also loving the opportunities we have to watch the big kids in their school productions, band concerts, soccer, basketball and baseball games, and swim meets. So, I'm going to believe her that 35 will be a great year! :)
Jim got the year off to a great start with a BIG surprise. After he and the kids served me a yummy breakfast and showered me with beautiful cards, he told me I needed to get upstairs and get ready for my day because friends were taking the kids and he was taking the day off to spend with me!! After I had a freak-out-just-a-bit-moment about the details of where the kids would be, whether or not bus notes had been written and sports practice schedules had all been worked out, I relaxed and enjoyed getting ready while Jim ran the big kids to school and the 4 little ones to the homes of a couple different friends. I am blessed with some of the most amazing friends!!
First stop was at the bike trails! Oh we had so much fun struggling up and whizzing down hills, coasting through the flat plains and enjoying the beautiful nature that surrounded us.
Next stop, after a quick and refreshing lunch out, was the spa. Jim had set up a facial, massage and hair appointment. I'm kinda a simple girl who doesn't really get into pampering and such, so it was a nice, special treat. It had also been over a year and a half since my hair had been done, so it felt good to have a fresh cut.
Lastly, he had planned to take me to a nice restaurant for dinner. Because the restaurant was close to some nature trails, we enjoyed a beautiful walk in the forest by the river on our way to and from dinner. Never have I enjoyed so much uninterrupted leisure time since I became a mom 10 years ago. It was lovely. The best part of all was being with my sweetie. I am so blessed beyond what I deserve and I am incredibly grateful for this man, this life and this family God has given me.



No comments:
Post a Comment