Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mama


You gave me life.
You poured yourself out for my sake,
time and time again.
Your love for me was never ending,
and helped me to become who I am today.
Thank you.


You gave him life,
the man that I love and adore.
You taught, comforted, encouraged and cheered.
You gave selflessly, sacrificially, endlessly.
You raised him to be an amazing man and Daddy.
Thank you.


You were the ones who gave them life,
these precious little girls I call my daughters.
I saw your love for them.
I witnessed your tears and pain and struggle.
You wanted to give them what you could not.
They will always be told of your love for them.
Thank you.



You have trusted me to mother your children,
for weeks, months or years.
For some it was a choice, most times it was not.
I cannot imagine the pain of your circumstances,
in your lives and theirs.
Through the frustration and desperation,
you let me into your family and allowed me to love your babies.
Thank you.





You have called me "Mom".
Some grew within my womb, some within my heart.
Some will call me mom forever, some for just a time.
Though my mistakes are plentiful, 
you let me love you, care for you, know you.
You trust me completely.
Through you, I have witnessed
the most indescribable beauty;
and am able to better understand the heart of God.
You have given me such purpose.
You fill my life with joy, love and laughter,
while I grow and learn.
Thank you. 











2 comments:

Natasha said...

Exactly. You expressed it exactly, t. Xoxo

Oregon-Mama said...

More tears. TERRA!!! But so sweet. What a beautiful way of honoring all of the mothers in your life. You included. Happy Mother's Day, sweet Terra.